The Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Business Credit Card is from American Express. If you are a traveler or in the travel business, then this card is for you. With this card, you can get the most valuable star points if you stay at hotels that are part of the card’s Star point system.
So if you want to apply for AmEx Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Business credit card then here is the link for the application:
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AMEX SPG BUSINESS CREDIT CARD?
- $200 offer: after making a purchase of $1,000 in first three months you can earn a $100 statement credit. After the first purchase at a participating SPG or Marriott Rewards hotel in the first six months, you can earn an additional $100 statement credit.
- SPG points or Starpoints are the most flexible and valuable points as they worth approx. 2.4 cents per point. One can get 35k highest sign-up bonus which is worth about 840!
- If you spent $1 directly with Starwood Preferred Guest program, then you can earn two Starpoint and earn one Starpoint on $1 spent on other purchases. Aas the star points are precious, the card is equivalent or better than other credit cards that give 2% in return.
- Receive credit for five nights, and two visits each year via SPG elite status.
- You can have free breakfast at the Sheraton Club lounge with the complimentary access.
- One can upgrade to Gold Preferred level if they spend $30,000 in each account year.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- With SPG credit card, you will get Amex Offers and excellent discounts at some stores. You will get the offers like Spend $75 or more and get $25 back on Amazon.com or Spend $15 or more and get $5 back at Walmart.
- Free Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices globally.
- Refer a friend: if you refer your friends and his/her account approved then per approved account you will get 5000 bonus point(SPG), and one can get 55,000 SPG Points on referral approved accounts per the calendar year.
- They charged $95 annual fee but dismissed for the first year. Note that the annual fee increased on 11/08/2015, and the change applies to past customers too.
INTRODUCTION TO SPG POINTS
- In both directions, SPG points and Marriott points can be transferred instantly at a 1:3 ratio.
- You can earn SPG/Marriott points with Chase Marriott, AmEx SPG, Chase Ritz-Carlton, Chase Marriott Business, AmEx SPG Business.
- You will not lose your points by canceling the credit cards because PG/Marriott points are stored in your SPG/Marriott account, not in your credit cards.
- If you do not earn or spend any SPG points in 12 months then points will expire; if you do not earn or spend any Marriott points in 24 months then, your Marriott points will expire. As long as you are staying in a hotel or on a purchase with the credit card and earn the points or redeem some points during that period, then the point termination date will be postponed respectively.
- SPG points can transfer to a lot of airlines miles, and the ratio is 1:1.25 (for every 20k SPG points you get 5k bonus miles you transfer at a time). The good options are: Japan Airlines (JL) (Oneworld), Alaska Airlines (AS)(Non-alliance), American Airlines (AA) (Oneworld), Korean Air (KE) (SkyTeam), All Nippon Airways (ANA, NH) (Star Alliance), etc. the value is about 2.0 cents/point, If you use SPG points in this way.
- You can use your SPG/Marriott points for the Marriott Travel Packages that redeem the points by spending [270k Marriott points (i.e., 90k SPG points)]. By this way, you get a certificate at category 1~5 Marriott hotels for seven consecutive nights and 120k AS/AC/AA, etc. miles or 132k UA miles. Ultimately using the points by this way, your points value will be 2.8+ cents/point. But to use the points in this way you have to collect many points first.
- SPG/Marriott points are undoubtedly redeemed for hotel stays. Here is a link of redemption chart for each category:
- Using this card you can get a better redemption value from the lowest classes also. The value of your SPG point is 2.4/ points if you use it in this way.
- In summary, the worth of SPG points is about 2.4 cents/point.
RECOMMENDED APPLICATION TIME:
- Once in a lifetime, you get the sign-up bonus so check the chart of historical bonus and apply at the time when highest bonus appears.
- AmEx commonly does not worry about the number of hard pulls.
- When you have a credit history of 6 months then apply for this card, it is beneficial for you.
- Per day only one AmEx credit card can be approved, and in a day multiple charged cards can be approved. So in a day, you can apply for one credit card and multiple charge cards in the day. But in the same day, only those multiple cards accepted that have only one Hard Pull.
- Within 90 days of the period only, 2 AmEx credit cards can be, but this rule does not for charge cards.
- One can keep maximum 5 AmEx credit cards, which does not include charge cards.
This card is almost the same as the personal version. You need to keep only one of the card of this category. The only difference between the personal and business version is the complimentary access to the Sheraton Club lounge. Yes, you will get this privilege in business version. So business card worth more than the personal version.
NEW BENEFITS AFTER 01/08/2018:
- The sign-up bonus does not reveal yet.
- For each dollar of eligible buying at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels one can earn 6X Marriott points, 4x at U.S. gas stations, U.S. restaurants, on wireless telephone services purchased from on U.S. purchases for shipping and directly U.S. service providers and 2x Marriott points per $1 on other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Free Night Award that can be redeemable for a one-night stay at sharing Marriott and SPG Rewards properties with a reclamation level at or under 35,000 points every year of Card Membership.
- Receive free Marriott Silver Elite Status; after spending $35,000, one can earn Marriott Gold Elite Status on eligible purchases of a calendar year. It is a new programme in which you get many benefits like free breakfast, lounge access; suite upgrade comes with Marriott Platinum and higher status. Hence the status earned on this card is not pretty useful.
- Earn 15 elite nights each calendar year; these nights are not free night it is for status.
- Worldwide free Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Charged $95 annual fee, but dismissed for the first year.
RECOMMENDED DOWNGRADE OPTIONS:
You cannot downgrade this card to any other card without an annual fee, so I recommend you stop it when you do not need anymore.
AFTER APPLYING FOR CARD FOLLOW THE STEPS GIVEN BELOW:
- Check AmEx application status from the link given below:
- 877-399-3083 is the AmEx reconsideration backdoor number, and it is well protected. The representatives of the AmEx reconsideration backdoor number can only help you in the submitting requests.
HISTORICAL OFFERS CHART:
So if you want to apply for the card here is the application Link: https://apply.uscreditcardguide.com/credit-card/amex-starwood-preferred-guest-business/apply/.